Centre of Science for Villages is a voluntary organization. Its objectives are
- To work towards a holistic and futuristic development of the small community based decentralized village economy.
- To develop and demonstrate appropriate rural technologies which are ecologically sound and socially just.
- To develop the villages and arrest the erosion of its talents by promoting rural non-farm activities through developing economically viable new occupations and modes of production with interaction between S & T Labs & village mud huts, to enable the scientists to interact with the rural realities and learn from the accumulated knowledge in the village tradition.
- To provide a forum to rural innovation with specialists and experts in science and technology, to provide them with necessary S & T inputs to optimize their innovated processes and products.
- To collect and document scientific and technological information for rural areas, by establishing a good database and information system and disseminate the same through publications.
- To undertake adaptive R & D to mould the available technology according to the local condition and skill level & train people who could take it to the villages. CSV is working on following appropriate technologiesFor more details please visit the Organisation Portal